Food Budget Killer #1: Eating Out ~ 5 Easy Ways to Save Money on Groceries
5 Ways to Save Money on Groceries

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Food Budget Killer #1: Eating Out

With gas and food prices rising at astronomical proportions, it is vital for survival to regularly review your budget to keep your expenses under control.

This being said I started thinking about how many times I eat out per week. I eat out about 2 - 3 times per week. Each meal costs between $7 and $10, which is approximately $21 - $30 weekly. This really adds up. I spend about $70 per month on value meals which have no nutritional value. This is hard earned money I could use to buy groceries and make healthier food choices. It is much cheaper to cook your food yourself.

I learned 2 lessons from this budget review:

1. Eating out is costly
2. Eating out is unhealthy

No matter how convenient fast food is, it is not worth the expense money and healthwise.
Food Budget Killer #1: Eating Out

No comments: